Nine presumptive senators who are leading in the Senate race will attend the proclamation of winners on May 18, Wednesday, 4 p.m, at the PICC, Pasay.
Nine presumptive senators who are leading in the Senate race will attend the proclamation of winners on May 18, Wednesday, 4 p.m, at the PICC, Pasay.
Presumptive VP Sara Duterte said she plans to hold her oath-taking in Davao City on June 19, earlier than the traditional June 30 ceremony so that she can attend the inauguration of presumptive president Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos, Jr., according to her spokesperson Liloan, Ceby mayor Christina Frasco. —One News PH/Twitter
The fight against the candidacy of Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., now presumptive president-elect, has reached the country’s highest court.
After losing at the Commission on Elections, petitioners led by their counsel Theodore Te ran to the Supreme Court to ask it to “cancel and declare void ab initio the Certificate of Candidacy for President” filed by Marcos. — Kristine Joy Patag
The poll body's spokesperson John Rex Laudiangco insisted that the 2022 elections were credible, and that "they can proudly say that no cheating happened", citing the observations of several groups including the Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting, US Department of State and the UP School of Statistics, among others.
This comes amid allegations of electoral fraud from citizens displeased with the unofficial, partial tally, who took to the streets to express their discontentment.
The Commission on Elections (Comelec) en banc suspended its session on Friday, and has, so far, canvassed a total of 138 COCs (certificates of canvass) out of 173. - News5/Greg Gregorio
The Commission on Elections (Comelec) said that the special elections in China's financial center, Shanghai, will push through, but did not specify any date yet as they are waiting for Chinese authorities to lift the COVID-19-induced lockdown in the area. — Angelica Y. Yang
Outgoing president Rodrigo Duterte ordered the creation of a transition committee, headed by the Executive Secretary, to ensure the continuity of government services with the next administration. — News5/Maricel Halili
US President Joe Biden has spoken to presumptive president Bongbong Marcos to congratulate him.
"President Biden underscored that he looks forward to working with the President-elect to continue strengthening the U.S.-Philippine Alliance, while expanding bilateral cooperation on a wide range of issues, including the fight against COVID-19, addressing the climate crisis, promoting broad-based economic growth, and respect for human rights," the White House says.
The Philippines needs Filipinos who will advocate peace and discipline in their communities, presumptive vice president Sara Duterte-Carpio said after she accepted to lead the Department of Education.
In a statement, Duterte-Carpio said she and presumptive president Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. had talked about the defense post before the campaign period “but seeing the way things are at the moment, I expect that people who want to see the new administration to fail will fabricate intrigues about my loyalty and the DND position to break the UniTeam.” -- Philstar.com/Gaea Katreena Cabico
China extends its congratulations to presumptive president Bongbong Marcos and presumptive vice president Sara Duterte.
Chinese Ambassador Huang Xilian says the next administration "will surely demonstrate unprecedented unity to rise above all challenges."